Great news…and then there’s bad news…and then back to great news…

Yeah, same story from me…I took a blogging sabbatical once again.  I guess…if I have nothing to say I’m not going to bother everyone with my ramblings….but then isn’t it all ramblings?  Smile with tongue out

Let me start off by telling you all my FABULOUS news….  I’m no longer considered Pre-Diabetic!  Back in March I had a doctor’s appointment for the annual physical – full blood work panel and all.  The results were AMAZING!  The nurse who left me the message actually sounded surprised – like I was Superwoman or something.  (Hey, if I could be married to Henry Cavill, I can play the part!)

superman

All numbers had improved!  I even asked them to send me the results along with past blood work numbers & it was so exciting to see the improvement!  So regardless of me NOT losing weight I was doing the BEST thing for me & my health!

*sigh*…but wait…here comes the bad news…  For some reason my brain checked out & I thought this all meant – hey! I’m healthy now – I can eat like crap again, right?!

Umm…well, that’s what I did.  I’m now back over 200 & feeling like “ish”.  I can’t lie & say I don’t know how it happened…I do, my question is how can I get back to where I was.  That’s why I’m back here.  I think it’s more therapy for myself than any help to those in the big ol’ world out there…

Ugh – and how could I forget – running – may be a thing of the past for me.  I’ll have to update you all on that later.  It still stings, which surprises me.

So that’s the bad, now the other great news…  Natie & I started composting & gardening!  Growing up upstate in a rural area I always had a garden.  When I moved to Long Island & had use to a yard I started a garden again.  Well, between the squirrels, chipmunks and lack of time my garden didn’t flourish.  Even when we bought our home I slowly started getting back to a couple of tomato plants and herbs on the patio, but those darn chipmunks would eat everything.  Great – I’m feeding them, but I want to feed my belly!

Natie is now 3 & such a sponge.  Thankfully great PBS shows like Curious George talk about composting & gardening to keep his interest.  In addition I’m trying to teach him a lot about recycling, repurposing, littering anything about our environment, etc.  He has this way of saying “glitter” for “litter” that make my heart melt.

So I’m back (again)…  I’ll be talking about all kinds of stuff…trying to keep my family healthy the best I can.  I’m hoping to learn a lot of new things & want to share with you…and also just have a great place to keep it for myself…to look back on & record our family time.

About these ads

About Lori

I'm a 36 year old Mom to a wonderful little boy - who lights up my life. I'm happily married to boot! Currently working on getting my health, which includes my weight in order. I'm hoping this blog will be a tool in my journey.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Great news…and then there’s bad news…and then back to great news…

1. Sara says:

Congrats on the blood work!! I hear ya on the weight. I’ve been there–lose some and then munch munch munch and then I gain back. It’s so hard. I swear it’s the hardest thing I’ve ever battled in my life. Here’s to trying and keeping at it! You’re winning just doing that :)

• Lori says:

Seriously… just need to keep our heads up & Looking forward – let’s do this Sara! Get to the doctors… I know you’re holding off on doing it. You need to get a baseline & work to getting the numbers better. You can do it Sara,..you did it before…you CAN do it AGAIN!

• Sara says:

I just now saw this–oops! But I actually have an appointment tomorrow and I’m using My Fitness Pal again–we need to be friends on there, you use it right?

And thanks for the encouraging words and confidence :)

2. Gail says:

that’s great news!!

3. Denise says:

Yay on the no more prediabetic! The gardening will help you to eat better and teach Natie to eat well also. I get like that too when I’ve lost a bunch of weight. I feel entitled to splured and like I’ve done the work, now I don’t have to anymore. Yeah, then reality sets in… and the weight. Best thing is that you’ve acknowledged and are ready to start again. I’m with you for the journey, Mama!

• Lori says:

Yeah! Thanks Denise – I need all the help I can get in this journey. Let’s kick some butt together…maybe between the four/five of us we can do this once & for all!

4. katieforlife says:

Congrats on the great health news! I can totally understand and relate to your struggles with weight. Three years ago, I lost over 65 pounds, then gained almost 30 back. However, I recently lost (re-lost) about 35 pounds and am finally at a healthy weight for my height! Now, the struggle is keeping it off. I have terrible issues with unnecessary snacking and binge eating. I feel like it will be a lifelong struggle, but we can do it!

• Lori says:

That’s what I’m so afraid of… everyone said maintenance is so much harder…when I can’t even lose a lb. I’m trying so hard to focus on just eating right & being healthy because when I focus on the lbs & the scale I get so discouraged.

5. Sarah says:

You’ll get there – and yay on the bloodwork!!

6. Great news on the numbers!! You will get back there. And so awesome everything you are teaching Natie! He is lucky to have such an amazing Mommy.

• Lori says:

Thanks so much Kim. As you know – constant struggle… but thankfully I have the help of friends like you to help me though the tough times. Love you!

7. biz319 says:

Well, if for nothing else your blood work is great – that is great news! Being diabetic, I know you don’t want to be in my shoes having to test your blood sugar 8 times a day, figuring out how much/how little insulin to take with food, working out, etc. It’s a full time job I wish I didn’t have.

But, you are back, and I know you’ll start making better choices! Hugs!

• Lori says:

I hear ya Biz. Rich is type 1 also & tests all day. He wears a pump so there’s not shots, but between wearing the pump & now this sensor thing that communicates with his pump he’s a walking Droid. I can totally see how it’s a full time job…you have to think about everything you put in your mouth, the activity you do, everything. :(

8. Pingback: Checking in… | Fit n' Healthy Mama